Adult Re-Entry Students
Who is an Adult Re-entry applicant?
You are an Adult Re-entry applicant if you are at least 25 years of age and you have not been a full-time student in the last five years.
How do I qualify for admission as an Adult Re-entry applicant?
Adult re-entry applicants must meet all the regular admission requirements.
- You are a high school graduate or equivalent. The California High School Proficiency Exam or G.E.D. may be considered equivalent.
- You will be at least 25 years of age on the first day of instruction for the semester for which you are applying.
- You have not been enrolled as a full-time student (12 semester units or more) for more than one semester in the five years prior to your application.
- You have completed 60 transferable semester units or 90 transferable quarter units by the end of the prior Summer term for Fall entrance or the prior Fall term for Spring entrance.
- You have maintained a GPA of 2.00 or higher in any college work that you have attempted during the five years prior to your application.
- You are in good academic standing at the last institution you attended in a regular session.
- You have completed a college course in Freshman English Composition with a grade of C or better.
- You have completed a college course in Mathematics, for which Intermediate Algebra is a prerequisite, with a grade of C or better.
- You have demonstrated the ability to succeed in the course of study.
How do I apply to CSU Monterey Bay?
You should apply online at CSUMentor. www.csumentor.edu
When is the application deadline?
You must apply during the Initial Filing Period. See the appropriate area (Transfer) for information.
How will I know that you received my application?
We will send you a notification by email to acknowledge receipt of your application. During peak periods of application processing, it may take one to two weeks for acknowledgement notices to be sent.
Be Aware: CSU Monterey Bay applicants are required to maintain a current email address on file with the university and to check their email regularly, as the university uses email as the official means of communication
You may check the status of your admissions application by visiting the application status web page at: MyCSUMB. You will need your Otter ID and Password.
What transcripts or other documents are required of Adult Re-entry applicants?
You must submit transcripts from any and all colleges and universities you attended. In addition, you may be required to submit your high school transcript to verify your graduation.
Your high school grade point average will not be evaluated for purposes of Adult Re-entry admission. Test scores such as the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or the American College Test (ACT) are not required if you are admitted as an Adult Re-entry student.
What else do I need to know?
See the Transfer admission page for details of when requirements must be completed, admission acceptance information, and other important details.
Please note: Meeting minimum eligibility requirements does not guarantee admission to CSU Monterey Bay.