If you were not offered admission or if your application was withdrawn because you missed a deadline, you may submit an appeal. If you wish to submit an appeal, please download the Appeal Form and complete as directed. Incomplete packages will not be considered.
Types of appeals that may be considered are the following:
Applicants that believe they submitted documents or met other posted deadlines but
the university does not show them as satisfied or completed.
Admissions Decision Appeal:
For applicants that were determined ineligible.
- A limit of one appeal per academic term. Decisions rendered are final and non-negotiable.
- Must be received no later than 15 days from date of Admissions decision notification
- Appeals must be submitted by Mail (faxes and email appeals will not be accepted)
Appeal packets should include:
- CSU Monterey Bay Admissions Appeal Form
- Letter of appeal outlining any extraordinary circumstances you wish to have considered.
- Documentation to support your appeal (e.g., transcripts, SAT/ACT scores, proof of mailing/submission of requested information, etc.)
Submit the appeal packet in person to Student Services Building (Bldg 47), or by mail to:
Calfornia State University, Monterey Bay
Office of Admissions, Bldg. 47 Office Hours:
RE: Admissions Appeal M-F: 8:00am – 5:00pm
100 Campus Center
Seaside, CA 93955-8001
- Calfornia State University, Monterey Bay
- Appeals decision notification. You will be notified within 3 weeks of receipt of appeal.
Students submitting appeals will be notified of the final appeal decision via US Mail and we advise you not to change your existing college options or other educational pursuits while waiting for the appeal decision.
In preparing your appeal, please understand the following:
- Letters of recommendation will not be considered.
- Reporting errors made on the application are not a basis for the reversal of a decision.
- Appeal letters must be submitted by applicant.
- Appeal letters written by anyone other than the applicant will not be considered.
NOTE: Students appealing a residency decision should contact the Office of Admissions at (831) 582-3738. Students appealing based on a disability should contact Student Disability Resources (831) 582-3672.